Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Dairy Month

Here is a shout out to the dairy industry since June is Dairy Month.  In honor of Dairy Month I'm posting a great dessert recipe that uses two dairy products.  This recipe is a favorite of mine.  My Aunt Judy gave it to me and I use it a lot in the summer with fresh berries and fruit.  It's super easy!

Swedish Cream

2 1/4 cups Heavy Cream
1 cup Sugar
1 pkg Unflavored Gelatin
2 cups Sour Cream
1 tsp Vanilla
Fruit(s) of Choice

Combine cream, sugar and gelatin in saucepan.  Heat gently stirring over low heat for 5 minutes until the gelatim has dissolve.  Remove from heat.  Cool until slightly thickened.  Fold in sour cream and vanilla.  Pour into bowls or glasses adding fruit of choice.  Refrigerate for about 4 hours prior to serving.

I usually use custard cups when I make this for the family.   If I'm making this for company I usually put it in wine glasses.  Blueberries, raspberries, strawberries and peaches are the big four summer fruits this family likes in the Swedish Cream.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment