Friday, March 9, 2012

Friday's Favorite Farm Recipe

The family still has the crap and crud and sinus infections (actually the stuff is making it's second lap through the family).  So today I'm putting up one my kid's favorite recipes for when they are sick.  It is one major comfort food.  I like to give credit where credit is due but I don't remember from which magazine I clipped this recipe.  All I know is that it is easy and good!


Rice Pudding

     1 cup whipping cream
     3/4 cup sugar
     1/2 cup uncooked white rice
     4 cups 2-percent milk
     Cinnamon and orange zest for garnish (optional)

Heat oven to 325F. Combine all the ingredients, except the garnish, in a 2 1/2 quart casserole (low and wide is better than tall and deep).  Bake the pudding for 2 hours without stirring.  Let it sit half and hour to set.  Serve the pudding warm or cold, garnished with the cinnamon and/or orange zest, if desired. 

  

No comments:

Post a Comment